Re: Oracle 9i first impressions.

From: IMS <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:32:18 GMT

Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:30:40 +1000 Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

> "Ux" <dontsendmemail_at_bogusmailaddress.com> wrote in message

>> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Ux" <dontsendmemail_at_bogusmailaddress.com> wrote in message

>> > True enough ...but I think the real point being made was that posters
 here
>> > should familiarise themselves with the Google Usenet archive... a great
>> > source of old info that can be searched relatively painlessly.
>>
>> This is an online community and somebody would come in and start a
>> conversation (thread).   Repeated or not, that's the way it is.
>>

> And do you walk in to a crowded room and just start talking away without at
> least taking a moment to familiarise yourself with what is being said and
> what the topic of conversation is? A person risks making a complete ass of
> himself if he does so.
>
> Online communities, like off-line ones, have basic standards of politeness
> and decenct behaviour, and in this particular community, the general
> standard appears to be

 (a) read the relevant documentation before asking a
> question

This is the most important

(b) check the group's current messages for similar questions before
> asking your version of it and

Agree

(c) do yourself a favour by at least having a
> go at reviewing prior posts in the Google archive.

Discussion Groups inside Oracle Technology Network should be reviewed and posted

--
http://www.attunity.com
http://www.asl.com.hk/products/ElectronicStockTradingSolution.html