Re: export file name

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:25:27 GMT

In article <b8d3b40c.0107031130.75a2b51a_at_posting.google.com>, biwombi_at_hotmail.com says...

>I would like to pass in the users schema name and the date of the
>export and the sequenceid from a database sequence called ExportDumpID
>for the name given to the export dump file.
>
>Any ideas how to put this into the filename for the export dump file?
>
>e.g.
>
>betty_08JUN2001_45.dmp
>
>Many Thanks.
>
>Thiko!

See
http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:612348047

it shows how to export to a named file using SQLPlus as your scripting tool. Since you want to use a sequence and date, it would be particularly appropriate.