Re: How not to generate information of rollback?

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:24:26 GMT

In article <3B40CA0C.89F054AA_at_d2mail.de>, Martin says...

>Have a look at discrete transactions. There are some restrictions but they will
>not generate rollback but redolog only.
>
>Martin

discrete transactions are depricated in Oracle8i (hidden init.ora parameter to even get them enabled).

They are only appropriate for single row inserts/updates/delete as you cannot revisit a block twice.

Very not appropriate for mass updates and inserts.