Re: SELECT col_a, (SELECT col_b .....

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:32:00 GMT

All experiments I have done to date indicate that the column-select is done read-consistently.

An interesting point to note is that when calling a pl/sql function, the trace file shows any SQL executed by the function, highlighting your point about functions not being read-consistent; however for column-select SQL, the trace file has NOTHING in it at all to give you any clues about what has happened.

I have raised a TAR with Oracle about this (and the related issue of casting a SQL
statement into an object-table/varray and finding that there is no indication of the run-time execution path). The response to date is that the issue has not been raised before, and even 9.0.2 doesn't help at
present. It is being considered by development.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Host to The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html

Seminars on getting the best out of Oracle
See http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html

Screensaver or Lifesaver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.

<9cgdkt88pel237ujmkdmt7dgie0e9t4k8e_at_4ax.com>...