RR Date Boundary

From: Kevin Zarzecki <kevin_at_regus-cs.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:27:12 GMT

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to change the default date boundary Oracle sets for the RR format. (This is the boundary that says any date before 1950 should begin 20.)

We are using 8.1.6. and trying to enter birthdates prior to 1950 e.g. 1948, but Oracle is interpreting this as 2048.

We have to use the RR/RRRR format to store and retrieve dates, but it would be useful if we could change the boundary by 20/30 years.

Thanks for any advice.

Cheers,

Kevin Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:27:12 CDT