Re: Performance problem

From: Jason Filby <jason.filby_at_orafocus.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:26:46 GMT

Quick'n'dirty answer:
Increase your DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS in the init.ora file. This specifies how much data is cached.

Realistic answer:
Read up on performance tuning docs, try a search engine like google.com to search on performance tutorials.

Newsgroups answers are usually best suited a specific problem, saying that the database isn't performing very well is very broad -- there are a lot of parameters you can tune.

Have fun!
- Jason