Re: Oracle 9i first impressions.

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:35:16 GMT

I'll say this for it though. It makes what is happening clearer. You are connecting to the database as a user with a set of highly elevated privileges. Connect internal always seemed like a way of saying 'you are now entering the weird, weird world of incomplete recovery, beware monsters await'

Admittedly this isn't an entirely reasonable reason to ditch the syntax ;-)but it makes me feel better.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Legal disclaimer required by my employer
This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.