Oracle 9i Errors during install on Solaris8

From: Alexandros Gougousoudis <ag_at_aloha-systeme.de>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:33:24 GMT

Hi,

I recently downloaded Oracle 9i Demo and tried to install it now 6 times on my Sun Blade 100 with 640 MB RAM, 500MB swap and 40 GB HD, Solaris 8 (with all patches) is installed. I did everything mentioned in the install-manual, the installation goes until the first database will be created during setup process. It says the Oracle instance will be created and started, the progressbar is at 50% and the "creation of the clone-database is in process". Then I get the following popup boxes with these errors:

ORA-27302: failure occured at: skgpwreset1 (I click ignore)
ORA-27303: additional information: invalid shared ctx
ORA-27146: post/wait initialisation failed
ORA-27300: OS system dependant operation: segment failed with status: 28
ORA-27301: OS failure message: No space left on device
ORA-27302: failure occured at: sskgpcreates
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: Shared memory realm does not exist

the progressbar is then at 61%, then all messages come up again. I aborted the installation.

What could it be? I have enough space on my HDs, I tuned the kernelparameters as mentioned in the manual. I can't find the explanation of the errors and Oracle is not willing help me. Maybe some of you know how to make oracle work? I think at the moment, my company should stay away from it.

TIA
 Alex Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:33:24 CDT