Re: Cold & Hot backup!

From: <hartono_nugroho_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:31:29 GMT

Thanks for your quick response.

I want to be able to delete all of the old archive redo log files after I did a cold backup and start over again with the ARCHIVE redo log. My undersanding is that by using cold backup, you only need to backup the ONLINE redo log file, while in hot backup you need to have all the ARCHIVE redo log file. Or do Oracle automatically reuse the archive redo log when you issue alter tablespace begin backup command? Currently I am using only a cold backup so I don't really know the situation of hot backup.

Regards,
Ari