Re: Performance problem

From: jcg <jcg_at_belbone.be>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:28:56 GMT

Paul Drake wrote:

> Solo wrote:
>
> > First let me say I am new in Oracle;
> >
> > Here is problem:
> >
> > I have a machine server :2*400MHz Intel Xeon, 640MB ,3*4GB HDD, WinNT 4.0
> > sp6, Oracle Server 7.3.4, about 100 users connecting on it....
> >
> > My question is:
> > What can I do to make better performance ? Should I do something to use
> > big amount of RAM wich I have free?
> > Increase "Shared pool size" maybe? Or something else?
> >
> > Tony
>
> Look at the waits in the system:
>
> select * from v$system_event;
>
> Look at memory allocation:
>
> select * from v$sga;
> select * from v$sgastat;
>
> purchase Performance Tuning 101 by Gaja & Kirti.
>
> have fun reading.
>
> Paul

Performance problems , since when ?
Was it good before , something has changed ? Is it a MTS server ?
do you make administration ?
analyze, rebuild , ....
What kind of application is running on this server : OLTP, DSS ? Performance problems filled so many books ... Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 16:28:56 CDT