Re: How to truncate the data file in a temporary tablespace?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:28:34 GMT

"Ian Ledzion" <ian.ledzion_at_lgxbow.com> wrote in message news:9hv59o$9u5$1_at_rex.ip-plus.net...
> From what I've read & tested, you can't put data into a temporary
> tablespace, as you'd have to create a permanent object (a table) to put
 the
> data into.
>
> If I've missed something, could you let me know?

That's what Niall said... temporary tablespaces cannot contain real or permanent objects, so there's no need to back them up in first place. They do of course contain 'temporary segments' -ie, the stuff that gets created when you do a sort that can't fit into the sort_area_size. But those get cleared of data at the end of the initiating sort, so it remains true that proper temporary tablespace cannot contain permanent objects.

Regards
HJR