Re: Oracle 9i first impressions.

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:27:46 GMT

"Leonard F Clark" <lfc_at_zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:3b435ec9.12148608_at_192.168.0.1...
> George,
>
> Are you sure you can't use internal with sqlplus? With 8i, when you
> use sqlplus, you can use internal in just the same way as sqldba. Not
> only that, but you can also use all the normal features of sqlplus and
> get better controlled output.
>
> IMHO, losing sqldba/svrmgr is not before time!

Wrong way round, Len!

Internal is a nasty, evil, horrible old Oracle 7 trick to get you on as a Privileged User. Complemented in 8 by 'connect ... as sysdba', the demise of Internal has been touted for many releases and versions. In 9i it's finally happened. Nasty evil Internal has gone, and pure, innocent 'connect...as sysdba' is now the *only* way to connect as a Privileged User.

Woo-hoo!!

Regards
HJR