Re: Oracle 9i Application Server - Custom Install?

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:26:15 GMT

Chris S wrote:

> I just tried to install 9i; all I wanted was the web server and the
> forms/reports server. However, the installer seems to offer no
> 'custom' option, and I seem to be installing the whole world of Oracle
> applications! Is there a trick to getting to a custom screen so you
> can choose what you want installed?
>
> Thanks, Chris

Yup - isn't it great? You'll get over 2GB of stuff installed, where all you wanted was a mere production-install of forms server.

Workaround: if you ever downloaded Forms/Reports seperately or Developer,
you *can* get an option screen that allows for a forms server only install
(which is some 180MB iirc).

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel