Re: Standby database: Skipping logs?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:25:16 GMT

The docs as you state them are correct, as is what you expect from them!

So when you say it's skipping logs, you mean that it is failing to transfer some logs, to a mandatory destination? (I presume (and hope) that you are not saying that the standby only *applies* some of the logs!!)

You (or a colleague) haven't ever changed that destination's state to 'defer' have you?

Otherwise, you need to poke around in side the trace files for the relevant arch process, and the rfs process on the standby site, and maybe get some idea of what is happening.

Regards