Re: OraFocus.com: Request for comments on DBA Tool

From: koert54 <k_at_k.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:22:55 GMT

Correctomundo - a dump to a sqlloader flat file is pretty easy - but try doing that when the DB is down and you've lost your system tablespace, redologs and heck, even your backup got lost !!!! That's what DUL is all about !!! It's so brilliant Oracle wont even sell it - it's written by a dutch guy
working for Oracle Holland probably in his spare time ... but these guys have access to info we'll
never have ... so the only way to create a simular tool is by re-engineering/ trial & error ...