Re: OraFocus.com: Request for comments on DBA Tool

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:28:15 GMT

On 1 Jul 2001, jason.filby_at_orafocus.com wrote:

> Well I was planning for this DBA tool to be an Open Source
> community effort

Sounds like a nice idea. Hope it is java based.

> (with the orafocus.com website serving as a home for it).

Why not source-forge? They are set up for hosting already and it is where most people to go for open-source stuff. I believe they will host a mailing list, cvs access, ... and it is the open-source defacto home. Your orafocus.com site could provide copious links there for this little project.

> The data unloader could be one the script plug-ins.

Sounds like you need to get a mailing list going for design to start, although it has somewhat started in your web-based forum. I'm not too sure if your web-based discussion will be too efficient but I will give it a shot.

--
Galen
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?