Re: Virtual Private Databases

From: James Hogeland <jhogelan_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:16:58 GMT

I am currently developing an internal web app using VPD although I am only using it to separate two specific user types and store their information in a common schema. For me, it has been worth it since I don't have to bother with differing views in my code. VPDs are tricky to conceptualize and difficult to get working at first. Maintenance has been no problem for me yet. I would like to see this technique simplified in future versions of the DB.