Re: alternative to web alchemy for pl/sql cartridge users

From: Finn Ellebaek Nielsen <fen_at_changegroup.dk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:50:28 GMT

In case you want a more complete PL/SQL Server Pages implementation please have a look at http://www.changegroup.dk/en/cgpsp.htm. Our implementation is compatible with Oracle PSP, has project support, 100% editor and tool integration, optional browser-based visual error correction, and much more.

HTH. Finn

"Kerry Scott" <kerrysco_at_ameritech.net> wrote in message news:<rNSU6.21$2O.30260_at_nntp0.chicago.il.ameritech.net>...
> This sort of looks like Oracle's PL/SQL Server Pages (PSP) to me.
>

> "Greg Jorgensen" <gregj_at_pobox.com> wrote in message
> > If you are using Oracle's free Web Alchemy tool now, or if you are writing
> > web pages with the PL/SQL cartridge, you may be interested in an
 alternative
> > tool I've written. I'm working on a site that will have a lot of
 interactive
> > database-driven web pages. I want to use Dreamweaver and other HTML-aware
> > tools for page layout and editing. My plan was to use Web Alchemy to
 convert
> > the HTML with embedded PL/SQL to PL/SQL procedures. Unfortunately Web
> > Alchemy has some bugs, and it's a little too rigid. I already have working
> > HTML, so I don't want to have Web Alchemy convert it to htp.xxx() calls
> > which I have to test and debug all over again.
> >
> > I've done a lot of web development with ASP (Active Server Pages), so I
> > copied the ASP scripting conventions. Inside an HTML page you can embed
> > PL/SQL code inside <% ... %> delimiters. You can also embed PL/SQL
 variable
> > names or expressions inside HTML code with the ASP <%=expr%> notation.
> >
> > For example:
> >
> > ---
> > <%
> > create or replace
> > procedure webpage(...)
> > as
> > title constant varchar2(255) := 'sample web page';
> > action constant varchar2(255) := 'jumped over';
> > begin
> > %>

> > <head><title><%= title %></title></head>
> > <% for i in 1..5 loop %>
> > The quick brown fox <b><%= action %></b> the lazy dog's back <%= i

 %>