Re: Which platform is better?

From: Dowson <catxjobs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:07:20 GMT

In ATM/POS area, there is two major choice, your choice should base on your network.
1) Compaq/Tandem using Base24/POS, it is the best platform to run ATM/POS application

    First it is a NonStop Kernel platform, Second Base24/POS support all kind of POS

    transactions, pretty powful. But both of these are all expensive; 2) Compaq Tru64, also very stable machine, also good for OLTP, like ATM/POS application,

    but it's cheap, and you don't need to invest a lot in it. But for large network, it will be very slow;