Re: Good News for MS Windows users: Your favorite database is here..

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 23:06:38 GMT

On 24 May 2001 05:20:02 -0700, barrymanilowus_at_yahoo.com (Barry Manilow) wrote:

Barry, IIRC this was a reply to someone else into which you jumped in. Which has been a constant in this whole thread. Boring. I could answer your intervention and explain it clearly, but something more important has cropped up.

In summary:

I've been advised that some of the newsgroups x-posted in this thread are propagated to listervers. Their readers have complained why their e-mail has been flooded with a Usenet thread.

No one can know for sure which or how many of the Usenet groups above is being propagated to listervers without filtering x-posts. The end result is the list users get unrelated messages, *without* the Usenet headers to explain where they are coming from.

This thread impinges on private mail lists, intentionally or not. As such, as far as I'm concerned it terminates here and now. Everyone else is free to take whatever action they prefer.

If anyone is remotely interested in continuing, you're quite welcome to do so via direct mail. Please remove the nospam stuff from my address below or you'll send my ISP's mail server bananas rejecting your mails.

For the listserv users who have had their normal mail flow interrupted by this thread:

I have personally apologized to one of the lists and now here in public for the unintentional propagation to their e-mail. I didn't start the x-post and I most certainly didn't propagate it to any list. But I nevertheless apologize for the intrusion. I suggest every other participant do exactly the same. A lot of people here use listervers and we all know exactly how annoying something like this can be.

Without further ado, see ya later folks.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Sat Jul 21 2001 - 18:06:38 CDT