Re: SQL (oracle) and ASP stored procedure question

From: John Doe <jdoe_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 21:06:40 GMT

This is from memory, so please forgive mistakes in advance... I know this works. I do it everyday.

lets say you have a sproc that accepts a state, city and zip param. the output param is a ref cursor to get the records back to the calling app. I pass in the params through the array() instead of the parameter object cause it's just plain easier. call me lazy.

set oconn = server.createobject("ADODB.CONNECTION") set ocmd = server.createobject("ADODB.COMMAND") set ors = server.createobject("ADODB.RECORDSET")

oconn.open strConnectionString
with ocmd

    .Activeconnection = oconn
    .commandtext = "pkgname.procname"
    .commandtype = 8 ' int for stored procedure
    .prepared=true

end with
set ors = ocmd.execute(recaffect,array("TX","DALLAS","75%")) if not ors.eof...
do while not ors.eof

    response.write "..."
    ors.movenext
loop

of course there is clean up and junk; hope it works for ya!

"Max Coppin" <maxcoppin_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ea0d2$ccq$1_at_plutonium.btinternet.com...
> Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.
>
> I am a student trying to create an asp front end for an oracle database.
 My