Any good data modeling resources.

From: Scott Watson <swatson_at_datachest.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:17:15 -0400

I am looking for some good resources on Oracle data modeling.

For example suppose for a given data table you wanted to store either character (in multiple languages of course), numeric, a url, or dates for it. What would be the best way to structre this? I could put all the columns in one table and set the ones not used to null or I could create tables for each data type and relate the two. Now what if I wanted to support structures for the data table, that is a data table doesn't just point to one element but rather a structre which contains many singular datatypes. How could I allow someone to search on this???

Thanks
Scott Watson. Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 16:17:15 CDT