Re: IMP Error message

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 00:45:21 +0200

"Venki Ramachandran" <venkir_at_wacsinc.com> wrote in message news:3B575BCC.1FD84D1D_at_wacsinc.com...
> Hi al,
>
> Sorry for the cross posting. I saw import export questions in all of
> these groups. Anyway here goes, I exported from my Win2000 using
> V08.01.07 and may trying to import into a 816 Unix oracle database. On
> Imp, it says
> "import done ins US7ASCII char set abd WE8IS08859PI NCHAR char set
> import server uses WE8IS08859PI chat set (possible charset conversion)
> IMP-00069: Could not convert to env national char set's handle
> IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully"
>
> Any insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance
>
> Regards , VEnki

The fact that others crosspost doesn't mean you necessarily have to perform the same crime.
Imp/exp questions should go in .server and .server alone, .tools being there for Developer and Designer questions, and .misc (preferably all Microsoft junk) for anything not in these categories, or third-party.

That said: you can't import a higher release (8.1.7) in a lower release (8.1.6). You need to use 8.1.6 exp against the 8.1.7 database. You also need to set NLS_L:ANG to the characterset of the export file to avoid the first message.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 17:45:21 CDT