Re: IMP Error message

From: <ckh>
Date: 20 Jul 2001 01:42:08 GMT

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:14:37, Venki Ramachandran <venkir_at_wacsinc.com> wrote:

> Hi al,
>
> Sorry for the cross posting. I saw import export questions in all of
> these groups. Anyway here goes, I exported from my Win2000 using
> V08.01.07 and may trying to import into a 816 Unix oracle database. On
> Imp, it says
> "import done ins US7ASCII char set abd WE8IS08859PI NCHAR char set
> import server uses WE8IS08859PI chat set (possible charset conversion)
> IMP-00069: Could not convert to env national char set's handle
> IMP-00000: Import terminated unsuccessfully"
>
> Any insights would be helpful. Thanks in advance
>
> Regards , VEnki

There is a problem with going from 8.1.7 to 8.1.6, Oracle doesn't like to go backwards. That said, you might give our utility a try,

http://www.kiyoinc.com/nxtract.html

Nxtract converts the Oracle .dmp to a release neutral, tab delimited format that any program can read. You should be able to go backwards in that case.

Note, the NXTract output file is not in Oracle IMP format. You must treat the file as you would a export from DB2, 123, Excel, Access, etc. It's standard tab delimited file.

--
cory