Rollback segments and DB links

From: Brian Pulcine <bpulcine_at_nospam.bellatlantic.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 01:30:49 GMT

Can anyone tell me if I perform an UPDATE to another DB through a DB link, am I using the rollback of the current database (the one I'm logged into), or the remote DB?

SQL> UPDATE table1_at_remotedb SET col1='dummy' WHERE col2=5;

Will the above statement create the "before" data image in my local database's rollback segments, or on "remotedb"?

Thanks!
-Brian Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 20:30:49 CDT