Re: how to drop a databaes manually?

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:22:31 GMT

I don't believe there is any reason to hack the registry just to drop a single database. Using Oradim to delete the service/instance, then deleting all the related files at the OS level should do it.

Now, if you're talking about completely removing Oracle, yes you will need to hack the registry. There are at least two documents on this on MetaLink. I find both documents have more steps than necessary. No need to use the Universal Installer, as it does a very incomplete job anyway. Just stop all the Oracle services, delete a few major keys from the registry, delete the Oracle directories from the file system, and remove any reference to Oracle from the system path.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)