Re: Multiple DB writers vs. I/O slaves

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:58:15 GMT

On Thu, 19 Jul 2001 14:31:28 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote:

>> I think the explaination is that Oracle divides the LRU lists between
>> the DBWRs, so if the work of walking the lists to find dirty blocks is
>> becoming significant, multiple DBWR may still help.
>>

>Took the words right out of my mouth, Andrew! Thanks

thanks folks.

so if I had say, buffer KEEP with 4 LRU, buffer RECYCLE with 4 LRU and buffer DEFAULT with 4 LRU and a 4CPU box, what should I try:

3 DBWRs (one for each of the buffer caches or
4 DBWRs (one for each of the 4 LRU)
?

I can't make up my mind and "suck and see" is out of the question.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu Jul 19 2001 - 09:58:15 CDT