Re: A basic stupid question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:24:31 +0200

"Stan" <stan_at_Last.Com> wrote in message
> I'm sure that this is in the FAQ, but I can't find it, so here goes. I'm
> MS-SQL guy and I've just load Oracle 8 to my NT server. What is the
 default
> system admin username and password?

For once:
the owner of the database is the user sys, password change_on_install. Do not use this account for normal operations unless explicitly directed to do so.
The other standard user is system password manager. Use that for more or less day to day privileged operations. For both users: NEVER EVER create any own table in those accounts

Finally:
You should do three things

- read the documentation that comes with Oracle
- read the documentation that comes with Oracle
- read the documentation that comes with Oracle

Then you should
- always first search the newsgroup archives at google *before* posting - always include platform and version and any specific error messages in your posts.

NB: the password is in the installation documentation. What is amiss with the reading skills of people having been exposed to sqlserver?
Can they only type sa/sa?

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Wed Jul 18 2001 - 14:24:31 CDT