Re: All computers in the world MUST sync with ATOMIC clock before 12:00 AM 21 July 2001!!!

From: Corysia Taware <DAMNSPAMcorysia_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:59:00 GMT

Hmmm...

Now, as someone who LIVES in Boulder, Colorado, I can guarentee you that we haven't had an atomic clock here for 25 Million years. That is, unless those guys at the SGC down in Colorado Springs have been using their Stargate to do some time travelling again.

Does this mean that my PDP-11 and VMS/VAX boxes are going to stop working? What about the VM/370 system at my old college? No more MVS/Jes3 after...what was the date...7/21/2001? Hmm, is this a bad thing? ;)

What about my cell phone? It's got a clock...is it going to stop working? Oh my! My wrist watch! It's analog! In fact, it's an old one where you wind it! Is it going to stop working, too???

Ok...back to reality...

If anyone really wants a program to sync their UNIX or OS X systems with the Boulder clock, use ntpdate which comes with the system. For Windows systems, download a copy of AtomTime, which is a shareware app.