Re: Problem:Linux,8i,Intelligent Agent,SNMP

From: Michael Wagner <wmichael_at_aon.at>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 20:41:28 +0200

Hi,

The easyest way is to use the build in Oracle SNMP Agent on a other port. try following.
Make sure that no DB_SNMP running with ps -ef |grep db_snmp and ps -ef |grep master_peer.
Don't a to high SNMP request intervall the lowest request interval is 10 sec. If you use a lower value then is it possilbe that the SNMP utility loss data under load.

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
then change with su root the user (don't su -l root you need the Oracle enviroment)
Then change to $ORACLE_HOME/network/snmp/peer/ start the master Agent with start_peer -m Make sure that the start_peer script init the Master Agent on the right port edit the script with vi
after that should it possible to connect to the SNMP agent on the new port. If you useing the default values in the script the Master Agent run on the Port 1161.

At the moment i'm not on a Oracle machine it is possible that some path or commands a little bit different to the reality

Hope that helps

Mike