Re: SQL*Loader Through Pipes

From: Carl Hathaway <carl_at_fireword-computing.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 07:49:59 +0100

Following on from what Tom wrote I have just successfully managed to set up an extproc environment that executes a sqlldr command (or any other system command for that matter) from within pl/sql. As well as some advice from Tom, I found chapter 21 of the Introduction to pl/sql programming by Steven Feuerstein extremely helpful. You need to ensure that the DBA's have configured the tnsnames.ora and listener.ora files to contain external procedure information. Either write your own C program to execute a system command or identify an existing shared library that does the same. Create a library to reference the shared object. Create a pl/sql function to reference the shared library. and away you go!