Re: Max size for UTL_FILE_DIR parameter

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:34:43 -0700

I don't believe there is a limit. Just keep adding directories. I have long since past the 512 byte mark that v$parameter seems to suggest is the limit because of the varchar2(512) datatype of the "value" field.

If you want to see all the directories, use v$parameter2 rather than v$parameter. They will be listed one directory per line.

select value from v$parameter2 where name = 'utl_file_dir';

Frank Hubeny