Redo log API - Logminer

From: Andre Cerri <cerri_at_inter_n_o_spa_m_systems.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:47:24 GMT

In my never ending quest (no pun intended) to get data off of Oracle into another database, I am now looking towards scanning the Redo logs (using Logminer?) to pull out the updates and transmit them to the target DBMS in close to real time.

The question is, is this capability in Oracle 8i and/or 9i?

Does anyone have any sample code? Has anyone ever done this? Pitfalls? Gotchas?

--
Andre
Note anti-spam measures in email address.....