Re: Oracle 8.0.5

From: roblop <roblop_at_friko2.onet.pl>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:38:59 +0200

> Hello!
>
> By default init<SID<.ora must be in %ORACLE_HOME%\database.
>
> If you want locate it to another place, you must type following:
>
> sqlplus
> sql>connect internal
> sql>startup pfile='NEW_PLACE'

My problem is: How to start Oracle Services (Oracle....) without error with initorcl.ora in diffrent directory than %oracle_home%\database during startup of Win NT.
My problem is'nt: How to start Oracle with initorcl.ora in diffrent directory than default %oracle_home%\database

> Another way:
> I'm on unix machine usually use links; (same on NT);
> i.e. you file located f:\control\initorcl.ora and link on it is
> c:\orant\database\initorcl.ora .

Not same on NT. On NT all links have .lnk extension.

Regards, Roblop Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 07:38:59 CDT