Re: Hierarchical Query too slow

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:39:28 +0200

"Ralf Hofmann" <hofmannb_at_informatik.uni-muenchen.de> wrote in message news:3B54513F.B2043159_at_informatik.uni-muenchen.de...
> Hallo!
>
> My Data is based on a xml-file. The probleme is:
> find all elements lying under a given element;
> I do this with the CONNECT BY statement, but this is very slowly if many
> (about 2.000) elements are under the given element. In this case, the
> query is much faster, if I check every element(about 40.000) of the
> tree, if it is under the given element. But this tuning is not nice
> because I do not know, how many element the query will find. Does anyone
> know a way to tune the CONNECT BY statement.
>
> Thank you for your help.
>

> --
> Ralf Hofmann
> hofmannb_at_informatik.uni-muenchen.de

No one knows unless you post the following information

- the affected sql
- the table definition of the table(s) involved
- index definition for the table(s)
- explain plan results.

Please don't expect people to have a crystall ball or other clairvoyant capabilities.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 11:39:28 CDT