Re: Issues when using SVRMGRL

From: Murali Sreedhar <lostpwds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 17:08:17 -0500

Hi Joseph,

Follow these steps:

1.From the server manager prompt, do
SVRMGR> startup nomount
SVRMGR>show parameter control_files

This will give you the path of your control file(s) at the operating system level.Go to those directories and make sure the files are really there. if you have only one in the list and that is not present at the operating system level, that's a whole new thread to this group, since you will have to recreate the controlfile. If there are two or more files listed in the list, and one of them is intact, remove references to the missing files from your init.ora file. Do a search to find this init parameter file, but it is generally located in D:\oracle\admin\prod\pfile directory, assuming that Oracle binaries (ORACLE_HOME) was installed on the D drive, you did a default install and your instance name is prod. Delete the full paths of the missing files from the control_files parameter in the init.ora file and try the startup mount command.

Murali Sreedhar