Re: uninstalling Oracle server

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:21:38 +0100

My experience with the Oracle Universal Installer and uninstalling is, basically, it leaves itself installed after a full uninstall, it leaves the registry full of cr*p and it doesn't always uninstall everything asked for. As an installer, it usually works, as an uninstaller, it fails miserably. There is a note somewhere on MetaLink (sorry, I don't have the number) which gives details of doing a clean install before a re-install. I suspect it also leaves bits of Java lying around all over the place as well.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar		EMail:	NDunbar_at_LynxFinancialSystems.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	Fax:	0113 201 7265
			URL:	http://www.LynxFinancialSystems.com