Re: REPOST: partition views

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:23:41 GMT

in article 7ph8ltkg91o7n44rka56nmedeij78b25b1_at_4ax.com, Chuck Hamilton at chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com wrote on 7/17/01 7:10 AM:

> It was a type-o. The query would be something like
>
> select count(*) from v1 where start_time = <some date value>;
>
> What I get is no partition elimination, and a full scan on all tables
> in the view.

Hmm - not sure if COUNT(*) in this case counts (no pun intended) as an aggregate function or not - which won't do partition elimination. Try selecting a small number of rows and see if the elimination occurs. If it does, then I guess COUNT is the issue.

Also check that all the tables have the same (or no) indexes on the same columns.

You may also want to review http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/pv_i.html - It's a Word file, so I can't see it on my Mac at the moment, but it may have some useful tips. Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 20:23:41 CDT