Please Help: ORA-00600 internal error

From: Diego Pasquale <diegopasquale_at_allegroassai.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:27:30 +0200

Hi,

I have some problem with an internal error and i can't figure out what i should do... I'm using Oracle 8.1.6, i never experienced this type of error before.

I made a table (big table) with 30 fields of 4000 character and few other minor fields. Now, when i try to insert a row (from an ODBC connection through ASP pages) it seems the insert goes all well but when i try to connect again to that table i got this message:

[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [smbwrt_1],
[], [], [], [], [], [], []

Now, the strange thing is that if i cancel all the data from the 4000 characters fields everything seems to work and if i insert the same contents in a new record AFTER the one I emptied all goes well again but if I delete the incriminated record instead of empty it the error come back.

Trying to insert again something the story starts from the beginning, with the error and so on.

Here is the table script:

CREATE TABLE EMAIL

  EMAILID      NUMBER,
  TITLE        VARCHAR2 (100),
  DESCRIPTION  VARCHAR2 (1000),
  HTML1        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML2        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML3        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML4        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML5        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML6        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML7        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML8        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML9        VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML10       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML11       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML12       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML13       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML14       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML15       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML16       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML17       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML18       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML19       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML20       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML21       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML22       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML23       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML24       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML25       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML26       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML27       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML28       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML29       VARCHAR2 (4000),
  HTML30       VARCHAR2 (4000))

 TABLESPACE RBS
   PCTFREE 10 PCTUSED 40
   INITRANS 1 MAXTRANS 255
 STORAGE    INITIAL 1048576 NEXT 1048576 PCTINCREASE 0    MINEXTENTS 2 MAXEXTENTS 121 )
   NOCACHE; What's the problem?
Thank you,
Diego.
P.S.: please, reply by mail too... diegopasquale_at_allegroassai.it Received on Tue Jul 17 2001 - 04:27:30 CDT