Re: puzzled by this sql's explain plan result

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:40:01 +0100

"Chris Weiss" <weisschr_at_tcimet.net> wrote in message news:9inh34$232h$1_at_msunews.cl.msu.edu...
> On your production server try computing rather than estimating the
> and do this for the entire schema using DBMS_UTILITY.ANALYZE_SCHEMA.

This seems like the suggestion i would make. You might also consider collecting histograms on the indexed columns

> If this fails, you probably have a hardware related performance issue in
> your database, which could include a faulty disk or controller.

WTF has this got to do with a different explain plan?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

Legal disclaimer required by my employer
**
This email contains information intended for the addressee only.
 It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional
privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited.
**