How to clear archived logfiles correctly?

From: Violin <violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:42:02 +0800

Dear All,

I have a database version 8.1.6 on HP-UX 11.0. We have to backup database every day.

I want to backup with alter tablespace begin/end backup scripts. But after backup completed,I need to clear some aged out archived logfiles for enough storage.

Assuming I want to keep only one weeks archived logfiles.

My scenario is:
/u01/hotbackup is the directory name for daily hot backup tablespaces.
/u02/archive is the directory name for log_archive_dest

I need some scripts for rm aged out archived logfiles every day. (older than one week)

Maybe some body has good samples for this. Appreciate for any suggestions.

Thanks and Good day.

Violin.
violin.hsiao_at_mail.pouchen.com.tw Received on Mon Jul 16 2001 - 00:42:02 CDT