Security on Roles and packages

From: James Williams <techsup_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 19:35:47 GMT

I reviewed various Oracle pubs.

I created a role and assigned it all the required security to access schema A. I granted this role to USER B.

Schema B has a package.procedure that access tables in schema A.

When I compiled it would not compile saying the affected tables not found. I granted to the USER B explictly instead of the role and it worked.

Of course, this is definer rights and not invoker rights. No default role assigned to USER B. Could that be my problem?

When I access the tables using SQLPLUS it is fine even without the explicit grants. Received on Fri Jul 13 2001 - 14:35:47 CDT