Re: Solaris 8: out of memory

From: Przemek Bąk <przemolicc_at_poczta.fm.-no-spam>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 05:52:12 GMT

Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> przemol,
>
> If your /etc/system is ignored, how did you come to the conclusion it
> doesn't matter whether there're spaces around = in that file? Knut
> Talman, the guy posting the message right before you, confirmed spaces
> are needed, at least for Solaris 6. I forgot to mention we're also
> using 2.6 (which is 6).

I repaired problem with disks and since then /etc/system stopped being ignored. Then I changed strings in /etc/system to see whether spaces around = are important. Once I set up set ...shmmax=<number>
next time
set ...shmmax = <number>

In both cases it works.
BTW I use Solaris 8

przemol Received on Thu Jul 12 2001 - 00:52:12 CDT