Re: Statistical Processing Packages

From: <ckh>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 13:07:06 GMT

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 06:01:12, "Stephen Spence" <Stephen.Spence_at_Australia.Boeing.com> wrote:

> Has anybody done any or know of an Oracle package of some sort to do
> statistical analysis on data ?
>
> Is this usually done via 3rd party products that can connect to the database
> ?
>
> Any information appreciated,
>
> Email Preferred.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen Spence

Hi Steve,

This is a shameless plug for our product but bear with me.

Our product, NXTract http://www.kiyoinc.com/NXTract.html, is a filter utility that converts Oracle EXP/.dmp files into standard tab delimited flat files.

Using NXTract, you can read Oracle tables with any package or utility that can import standard tab delimited files.

  1. Ask your DBA to Dump the tables and give you the files.
  2. run NXTract.
  3. use Excel, 123, SPSS, SAS, anything that you're familiar with.

You run this offline on your own computer and don't impact the production database.