Re: Oracle User-Defined Types and ADO

From: Lionel Mandrake <nobody_at_nospam.nowhere.nohow>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 03:29:30 GMT

From the OLE DB Provider (8.1.7.0.0) Release Notes (http://otn.oracle.com/docs/tech/nt/ole_db/doc/readme.txt):

5.5  The Provider does not currently support Oracle8i Object datatypes.

However, I believe that Oracle Objects for OLE *does* provide support for Object datatypes.

It has been awhile since I was doing development on a regular basis. There is a book published by Sybex called "Oracle and Visual Basic Developer's Handbook" that would cover this topic. It is by Oracle staff members Jim Fedynich, Jenny Besaw and Mark Tomlinson. ISBN is 0-7821-2476-3.

Also see (http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/ole_db/) if you haven't already...