TNS Listner failed to start process - Help Wanted!

From: Julz <jxa_at_adlam.co.uk>
Date: 11 Jul 2001 02:32:35 -0700

I would be greatful if anyone could help with a problem.

Currently running Oracle 8.1.7 on WinNT4.

"Error ORA-12500 TNS Listner failed to start process"

This error appears on the client at times of high usage, and seems to happen when there are about 120 users connected.

The server has 4GB of RAM and is dedicated to Oracle. (Only 2GB supported by Oracle due to 32bit OS).

Excerpt from init file:

max_enabled_roles = 30
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
db_block_buffers = 64000
open_Cursors=2048
shared_pool_size = 100000000
large_pool_size = 614400
log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800
processes = 750
log_buffer = 8388608
max_dump_file_size = 10240
global_names = true
db_block_size = 8192

we are NOT running MTS and it is not an option.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA Julian.

jxa_at_gvagrimley.co.uk
julian_at_adlam.co.uk Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 04:32:35 CDT