How popular is RMAN for backup?

From: <dominica_at_secondhat.com>
Date: 12 Jul 2001 00:25:09 GMT

Hi Everyone,

   How popular is using RMAN for Oracle backup?

I use to write my own dynamic script to generate which tablespaces and redo logs files to be backed-up for HOTBACKUP.

And my friend recently tell me RMAN become more and more popular and I am trying to learn RMAN now.

But very curious how do other senior Oracle DBA like RMAN.

I think it is pretty confusing to me for now.

Please email me directly to dominica_at_secondhat.com

Thanks in advance,

Dominica Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 19:25:09 CDT