Oracle User-Defined Types and ADO

From: No Name <fakeadress_at_fake.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 06:00:32 GMT

Windows 2k
Oracle 8.1.7
ADO 2.6
VB 6

Hello,
Have been working with ADO and Oracle for a long time and have been pleased with the results. Now I've been looking into the all of the possibilities with Oracle's user-defined types and object tables, etc. Just as a quick test, I created a datatype and used it in a table definition. Then if I do a "select * from mytable" with ADO it tells me that my new datatype is not supported.
I tried both Microsoft and Oracle's OleDB providers.

So tell me, am I just completely screwed in trying to use these Oracle features with a VB application???

Thanks! Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 01:00:32 CDT