Procedures within Packages

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 00:43:28 +0200

Oracle 8.1.6.3.0 EE Sun Sparc Solaris.

I can do "describe PACKAGENAME" in sqlplus which will give me all parts of a package that are visible outside.

I can use the dbms_describe.describe_procedure only for procedures.

I have to know the procedures within a package from within PL/SQL. How do I find out *that*?

The only workaround until now is

spool tmp.lst
describe PACKAGENAME
spool off

Load tmp.lst to a work table by e. g. sqlldr. Then do the analysis.

Better idea?

Martin Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 17:43:28 CDT