Oracle Univesal Installer trouble

From: BC News <ue191_at_victoria.tc.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 08:26:45 -0700

I am trying to install Oracle's ODBC driver for Rdb on a WinME machine and am having trouble with the Oracle Universal Installer (version 1.7.0.20.0 Production). I believe the problem is with WinME because I have installed the same driver (3.0.1.2) on both Win95 and W2K machines from the same compressed executable I downloaded from the Rdb site.

The OUI on the WinME system does not present me with a NAME field, as it does on Win95 and W2K. Only the PATH field is presented. When I enter a valid folder pathname in the PATH field, OUI begins to unzip files but quickly fails with a message like: "Unable to access staging area. Check that your STAGE and PATH names are correct."

If anyone has any suggestions or experience using the OUI on WinME, please let me know. Thanks.

Terry Received on Wed Jul 11 2001 - 10:26:45 CDT